The EV Open Payments Working Committee’s goal is to support the accelerated adoption of Electric Vehicles and successful EV charging networks that utilize open payments. The Working Committee will analyze and propose solutions to current challenges facing EV adoption in North America with regard to new and existing EV charging infrastructure and its utilization by EV manufacturers, EV drivers and/or fleet operators.
EV Open Payments Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Lauren Ann Helt, American Express
- Dennis Tehas, Discover Financial Services
- Nick Pisarev, G+D Mobile Security
The Working Committee has completed the following educational resources:
- Maximize Electric Vehicle Charging Payments: The Power of Using MCC 5552 a new infographic providing best practices and education on using the correct EV MCC.
- Public Electric Vehicle Charging Terminal Payment Flow Guidelines a new resource that provides high-level considerations for clarifying ways to pay at public EV charging stations.
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Devon Rohrer, [email protected] , for information on Working Committee participation or projects.