Updates from the Forum
- Forum announces new Director, Jason Bohrer, succeeding retiring director Randy Vanderhoof
- Forum releases Fall/Winter Market Snapshot discussing adoption of contactless payments and touchless consumer experiences, the EMV transition at the pump, trending topics, and Forum priorities.
- Forum releases resources on cleaner payments and consumer interactions at the POS to assist with COVID-19 responses for taking payments
- Forum publishes guidance to reduce EMV Level 3 certification time for retailer systems using electronic payment servers and for contactless payments
- Listen to the Forum’s Contactless POS Experience Best Practices webinar
- Intake Form Terminology for EMV Level 3 POS Certification
Resource providing common definitions of terms used in Level 3 certification intake forms
- Best Practices – Customer Messaging for Transit Open Payments
Educational resource on customer communication best practices for contactless open payments acceptance in transit
- Contactless Limits and EMV Transaction Processing
Resource providing guidance on how contactless limits are used during EMV contactless transaction processing in the U.S.
- Card-Not-Present (CNP) Fraud Mitigation Techniques
Educational resource providing profiles on different CNP fraud mitigation techniques
- U.S. Automated Fuel Dispenser Chip Fallback Transaction Processing Best Practices
Guidance on best practices for supporting fallback transactions at the automated fuel dispenser
- Tips for Cleaner Payments
Resource providing practical tips for a “cleaner” payment experience for merchants, ATM owners and consumers.
- EMV 3-D Secure
Primer on the EMV 3DS protocol, its features and the data and transaction process
- Contactless Operating Mode Requirements Clarification white paper
Educational resource on the contactless operating mode requirements set by each of the payment networks
- Options for Reducing Level 3 EMV Certification Time for Retailer Systems using Electronic Payment Servers (EPS)
Resource discussing solutions to help reduce the implementation time and effort required for the AFD community to meet the October 2020 fraud liability shift deadline
- Dual-Interface Card Personalization
Guidance for the issuing community on issuing and personalizing dual-interface cards for the U.S. market
- Petroleum Industry: EMV FAQ
Frequently asked questions about EMV chip implementation for petroleum retailers
Join the Forum
Have an impact on the introduction of new and emerging payment technologies in the U.S. Join the U.S. Payments Forum and be part of the only organization representing the entire payments ecosystem, including global brands, issuers, merchants, processors, domestic debit networks, mobile payments providers, eCommerce security solutions, industry suppliers, and more. Through Forum activities, you will have the opportunity to address the implementation of a wide range of emerging technologies relevant to the U.S. payments infrastructure, including EMV, tokenization, card-not-present fraud mitigation technologies, encryption, and mobile and contactless payments.
The Forum offers many benefits, including member meeting participation, working committee membership, access to white papers, educational resources, and members-only content, networking opportunities, and much more.
If you or your company is involved in EMV migration or new payments technology, we’re here to help you navigate. Membership in the U.S. Payments Forum includes face-to-face quarterly meetings, industry networking, participation in working committees dedicated to specific verticals, access to educational resources and webinars and complimentary newsletters. Join today.