Updates from the Forum
- New Insights: forum publishes Summer Market Snapshot. The cross-industry update explores AI’s industry shakeup, FedNow in focus, combatting shifting fraud trends.
- Listen Now to the Forum’s Webinar on Secure Remote Commerce (SRC)
- Payments Summit 2023 and U.S. Payments Forum Meeting Unites Industry to Explore Digital Payment Surge, Fraud Shifts, BNPL, Crypto Concerns and More
The Secure Technology Alliance today recognizes the success of its 15th annual Payments Summit and the U.S. Payments Forum Spring All-Member Meeting. The events were held jointly in Salt Lake City. More than 400 payments professionals gathered to take advantage of the networking opportunities and educational sessions. Together, 77 speakers provided a comprehensive look at the transformative state of the industry, digging into business strategies for trending payment topics, including mobile wallets, digital currencies, buy now, pay later (BNPL), faster payments, and fraud mitigation techniques.
View the 2023 Report
- 2023 Steering Committee announced: Group comprised of payments leaders from top organizations will guide Forum priorities
- Just in: forum’s Fall market snapshot reveals mounting fraud concerns, alternative payment boom
- QR Codes FAQ Frequently asked questions about processing payments using QR codes
- New Insights: forum publishes Summer Market Snapshot. The cross-industry update explores critical topics impacting the payments ecosystem.
- Announcement: The Secure Technology Alliance, the Forum’s parent organization, has announced its restructuring. Learn more about changes to membership here.
- Just Launched: Forum seeking involvement in Electric Vehicle (EV) Open Payments Working Committee
- NEW – USPF Webinar Electric Vehicle (EV) Technology for Open Payments
- NEW – USPF Webinar Industry Awareness on the Adoption of the EMV L3 Testing Framework
- Forum announces November Member Meeting, co-located with the Secure Technology Alliance Mobile Driver’s License (mDL) Workshop in Houston, Texas. Agenda includes 8-Digit BIN migration, global chip supply challenges and a session on implementing EMVCo standards for EMV Level 3 (L3).
- The Paypers has published a report “Payment Methods Report 2021 – Latest Trends in Payment Preferences” that includes a byline by US Payments Forum executive director Jason Bohrer on card-on-file tokenization (pages 76-77). To download the free report, click here.
- Forum releases Summer Market Snapshot discussing the continued contactless payments uptick, EMV implementation in the petroleum industry and the payments industry’s response to the chip supply shortage.
- Forum announces new Director, Jason Bohrer, succeeding retiring director Randy Vanderhoof
- Forum releases resources on cleaner payments and consumer interactions at the POS to assist with COVID-19 responses for taking payments
- Forum publishes guidance to reduce EMV Level 3 certification time for retailer systems using electronic payment servers and for contactless payments
- Listen to the Forum’s Contactless POS Experience Best Practices webinar
- Payments Resource Brief – Synthetic ID a new resource that highlights fraud trends related to synthetic IDs and suggests ways to identify and mitigate this fraud.
- Public Electric Vehicle Charging Terminal Payment Flow Guidelines a new resource that provides high-level considerations for clarifying ways to pay at public EV charging stations.
- Regulation II Clarification for Debit Routing a new resource that explores the technical and operational impacts of the July 2023 Reg II update on various industry stakeholders.
- Real-Time Payments with Mobile a new resource aimed at educating the industry on real-time payments use cases on mobile devices.
- Introduction to mPOS and TapToMobile Solutions a resource created to offer guidance on different form factors and technologies associated with these payment systems.
- Point of Sale User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Considerations offers guidance for UAT to reduce production and acceptance issues following the deployment of POS Solutions.
- Device Authentication and Consumer Verification Techniques for Mobile In-App Remote Payments, Dive into this educational resource that provides a reference point for payments professionals to increase their understanding of available authentication / verification techniques and tools
- PINless Debit Processing. Reducing friction in the transaction process is top of mind for many stakeholders. Read this education resource to see how the implementation process can be streamlined.
- Listen now to the Forum’s Customer Messaging for Transit Open Payments webinar
- Fraud Mitigation Techniques, resource tool where users can sort through different profiles of fraud mitigation techniques
- Forum Podcast, Best Practices for Contactless (NFC) Commerce at the POS & ATM
- Consumer Experience at the Contactless Point-of-Sale, version 2.0 Reviewing best practices for implementing contactless at the POS
- Payments Resource Brief: Account Takeover
Educational resource aimed at providing an overview of account takeover fraud.
- Global Chip Supply Challenges: Considerations for Payment Industry Stakeholders
Educational resource aimed at providing an understanding of the global chip supply challenges and potential impacts to the payments ecosystem.
- Debit Routing and EMV 3-D Secure
Resource proposing a new solution concept for routing debit transactions that include EMV 3-D Secure (3DS).
- Industry Considerations for 8-Digit BIN Migration
Educational resource on for industry stakeholders about the introduction of 8-Digit BINs
- Card-on-File Tokenization Considerations, Including Debit Routing
Resource providing an overview of card-on-file tokenization solution options and stakeholder considerations
- Intake Form Terminology for EMV Level 3 POS Certification
Resource providing common definitions of terms used in Level 3 certification intake forms
- Best Practices – Customer Messaging for Transit Open Payments
Educational resource on customer communication best practices for contactless open payments acceptance in transit
- Contactless Limits and EMV Transaction Processing
Resource providing guidance on how contactless limits are used during EMV contactless transaction processing in the U.S.
- Card-Not-Present (CNP) Fraud Mitigation Techniques
Educational resource providing profiles on different CNP fraud mitigation techniques
- U.S. Automated Fuel Dispenser Chip Fallback Transaction Processing Best Practices
Guidance on best practices for supporting fallback transactions at the automated fuel dispenser
- Tips for Cleaner Payments
Resource providing practical tips for a “cleaner” payment experience for merchants, ATM owners and consumers.
- EMV 3-D Secure
Primer on the EMV 3DS protocol, its features and the data and transaction process
- Contactless Operating Mode Requirements Clarification white paper
Educational resource on the contactless operating mode requirements set by each of the payment networks
- Options for Reducing Level 3 EMV Certification Time for Retailer Systems using Electronic Payment Servers (EPS)
Resource discussing solutions to help reduce the implementation time and effort required for the AFD community to meet the October 2020 fraud liability shift deadline
- Dual-Interface Card Personalization
Guidance for the issuing community on issuing and personalizing dual-interface cards for the U.S. market
- Petroleum Industry: EMV FAQ
Frequently asked questions about EMV chip implementation for petroleum retailers
Join the Forum
Have an impact on the introduction of new and emerging payment technologies in the U.S. Join the U.S. Payments Forum and be part of the only organization representing the entire payments ecosystem, including global brands, issuers, merchants, processors, domestic debit networks, mobile payments providers, eCommerce security solutions, industry suppliers, and more. Through Forum activities, you will have the opportunity to address the implementation of a wide range of emerging technologies relevant to the U.S. payments infrastructure, including EMV, tokenization, card-not-present fraud mitigation technologies, encryption, and mobile and contactless payments.
Hear from members about the value they receive through membership in the Forum.
The Forum offers many benefits, including member meeting participation, working committee membership, access to white papers, educational resources, and members-only content, networking opportunities, and much more.
Ready to join? Find the membership application here.
If you or your company is involved in EMV migration or new payments technology, we’re here to help you navigate. Membership in the U.S. Payments Forum includes face-to-face quarterly meetings, industry networking, participation in working committees dedicated to specific verticals, access to educational resources and webinars and complimentary newsletters. Join today.