Updates from the Forum
- Forum releases resources on cleaner payments and consumer interactions at the POS to assist with COVID-19 responses for taking payments
- Forum publishes guidance to reduce EMV Level 3 certification time for retailer systems using electronic payment servers and for contactless payments
- Listen to the Forum’s Contactless POS Experience Best Practices webinar
- Forum releases Summer 2019 Market Snapshot
- Listen to the Forum’s Contactless Open Payments for Transit webinar
- Listen to the Forum’s EMV 3-D Secure Data Elements Webinar recording
- Listen to the Forum’s Mobile & Digital Wallets webinar series recordings
- Forum releases guidance for dual-interface card issuance and personalization
- Listen to the Accepting EMV Chip Payments at the Fuel Pump Webinar
- U.S. Automated Fuel Dispenser Chip Fallback Transaction Processing Best Practices
Guidance on best practices for supporting fallback transactions at the automated fuel dispenser
- Consumer Interactions at the POS
Educational resource discussing how consumers interact at the POS to assist with guidance for safer in-store payments
- Tips for Cleaner Payments
Resource providing practical tips for a “cleaner” payment experience for merchants, ATM owners and consumers.
- EMV 3-D Secure
Primer on the EMV 3DS protocol, its features and the data and transaction process
- Contactless Operating Mode Requirements Clarification white paper
Educational resource on the contactless operating mode requirements set by each of the payment networks
- Options for Reducing Level 3 EMV Certification Time for Retailer Systems using Electronic Payment Servers (EPS)
Resource discussing solutions to help reduce the implementation time and effort required for the AFD community to meet the October 2020 fraud liability shift deadline
- How Emerging Data Elements Can Support Mobile Wallet Use Cases
Educational resource on emerging data elements and their use in face-to-face transactions
- Consumer Experience at the Contactless Point-of-Sale
White paper reviewing best practices for implementing contactless at the POS
- Understanding Fraud Liability for EMV Contact and Contactless Transactions in the U.S.
Updated white paper reviewing payment network fraud liability policies for EMV contact and contactless transactions in the U.S.
- Guidelines for Contactless ATM Transactions – A Guide for ATM Owners and Operators
Guidelines and best practices for accepting contactless transactions at the ATM
- Dual-Interface Card Personalization
Guidance for the issuing community on issuing and personalizing dual-interface cards for the U.S. market
- Transit Contactless Open Payments: Technical Solution for Pay As You Go
Technical solution guidance for implementing transit contactless open payments use cases with contactless EMV cards and NFC-enabled mobile devices
- Petroleum Industry: EMV FAQ
Frequently asked questions about EMV chip implementation for petroleum retailers
Join the Forum
Have an impact on the introduction of new and emerging payment technologies in the U.S. Join the U.S. Payments Forum and be part of the only organization representing the entire payments ecosystem, including global brands, issuers, merchants, processors, domestic debit networks, mobile payments providers, eCommerce security solutions, industry suppliers, and more. Through Forum activities, you will have the opportunity to address the implementation of a wide range of emerging technologies relevant to the U.S. payments infrastructure, including EMV, tokenization, card-not-present fraud mitigation technologies, encryption, and mobile and contactless payments.
The Forum offers many benefits, including member meeting participation, working committee membership, access to white papers, educational resources, and members-only content, networking opportunities, and much more.
If you or your company is involved in EMV migration or new payments technology, we’re here to help you navigate. Membership in the U.S. Payments Forum includes face-to-face quarterly meetings, industry networking, participation in working committees dedicated to specific verticals, access to educational resources and webinars and complimentary newsletters. Join today.