Updates from the Forum
- Register for the Forum’s Customer Messaging for Transit Open Payments webinar
- QR Codes FAQ Frequently asked questions about processing payments using QR codes
- Nominations are now open for 11 Steering Committee seats [Forum members only]
- New Insights: forum publishes Summer Market Snapshot. The cross-industry update explores critical topics impacting the payments ecosystem.
- 2023 Payments Summit: The industry’s premiere payments event has issued a call for speakers. Experts are encouraged to submit speaking proposals on topics including faster payments, contactless momentum, digital currencies and more.
- Announcement: The Secure Technology Alliance, the Forum’s parent organization, has announced its restructuring. Learn more about changes to membership here.
- Just Launched: Forum seeking involvement in Electric Vehicle (EV) Open Payments Working Committee
- NEW – USPF Webinar Electric Vehicle (EV) Technology for Open Payments
- NEW – USPF Webinar Industry Awareness on the Adoption of the EMV L3 Testing Framework
- 2022 Payments Summit: Topic Lineup Revealed, Including Mobile Payment Trends, Chip Supply Challenges and The Future of Authentication
- Forum announces November Member Meeting, co-located with the Secure Technology Alliance Mobile Driver’s License (mDL) Workshop in Houston, Texas. Agenda includes 8-Digit BIN migration, global chip supply challenges and a session on implementing EMVCo standards for EMV Level 3 (L3).
- The Paypers has published a report “Payment Methods Report 2021 – Latest Trends in Payment Preferences” that includes a byline by US Payments Forum executive director Jason Bohrer on card-on-file tokenization (pages 76-77). To download the free report, click here.
- Forum releases Summer Market Snapshot discussing the continued contactless payments uptick, EMV implementation in the petroleum industry and the payments industry’s response to the chip supply shortage.
- Forum announces new Director, Jason Bohrer, succeeding retiring director Randy Vanderhoof
- Forum releases resources on cleaner payments and consumer interactions at the POS to assist with COVID-19 responses for taking payments
- Forum publishes guidance to reduce EMV Level 3 certification time for retailer systems using electronic payment servers and for contactless payments
- Listen to the Forum’s Contactless POS Experience Best Practices webinar
Fall In-Person Meeting
November 8-9, 2022
Hilton Nashville Downtown
121 Fourth Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37201
Phone: (615) 620-2049
- Fraud Mitigation Techniques, resource tool where users can sort through different profiles of fraud mitigation techniques
- Forum Podcast, Best Practices for Contactless (NFC) Commerce at the POS & ATM
- Consumer Experience at the Contactless Point-of-Sale, version 2.0 Reviewing best practices for implementing contactless at the POS
- Payments Resource Brief: Account Takeover
Educational resource aimed at providing an overview of account takeover fraud.
- Global Chip Supply Challenges: Considerations for Payment Industry Stakeholders
Educational resource aimed at providing an understanding of the global chip supply challenges and potential impacts to the payments ecosystem.
- Debit Routing and EMV 3-D Secure
Resource proposing a new solution concept for routing debit transactions that include EMV 3-D Secure (3DS).
- Industry Considerations for 8-Digit BIN Migration
Educational resource on for industry stakeholders about the introduction of 8-Digit BINs
- Card-on-File Tokenization Considerations, Including Debit Routing
Resource providing an overview of card-on-file tokenization solution options and stakeholder considerations
- Intake Form Terminology for EMV Level 3 POS Certification
Resource providing common definitions of terms used in Level 3 certification intake forms
- Best Practices – Customer Messaging for Transit Open Payments
Educational resource on customer communication best practices for contactless open payments acceptance in transit
- Contactless Limits and EMV Transaction Processing
Resource providing guidance on how contactless limits are used during EMV contactless transaction processing in the U.S.
- Card-Not-Present (CNP) Fraud Mitigation Techniques
Educational resource providing profiles on different CNP fraud mitigation techniques
- U.S. Automated Fuel Dispenser Chip Fallback Transaction Processing Best Practices
Guidance on best practices for supporting fallback transactions at the automated fuel dispenser
- Tips for Cleaner Payments
Resource providing practical tips for a “cleaner” payment experience for merchants, ATM owners and consumers.
- EMV 3-D Secure
Primer on the EMV 3DS protocol, its features and the data and transaction process
- Contactless Operating Mode Requirements Clarification white paper
Educational resource on the contactless operating mode requirements set by each of the payment networks
- Options for Reducing Level 3 EMV Certification Time for Retailer Systems using Electronic Payment Servers (EPS)
Resource discussing solutions to help reduce the implementation time and effort required for the AFD community to meet the October 2020 fraud liability shift deadline
- Dual-Interface Card Personalization
Guidance for the issuing community on issuing and personalizing dual-interface cards for the U.S. market
- Petroleum Industry: EMV FAQ
Frequently asked questions about EMV chip implementation for petroleum retailers
Join the Forum
Have an impact on the introduction of new and emerging payment technologies in the U.S. Join the U.S. Payments Forum and be part of the only organization representing the entire payments ecosystem, including global brands, issuers, merchants, processors, domestic debit networks, mobile payments providers, eCommerce security solutions, industry suppliers, and more. Through Forum activities, you will have the opportunity to address the implementation of a wide range of emerging technologies relevant to the U.S. payments infrastructure, including EMV, tokenization, card-not-present fraud mitigation technologies, encryption, and mobile and contactless payments.
Hear from members about the value they receive through membership in the Forum.
The Forum offers many benefits, including member meeting participation, working committee membership, access to white papers, educational resources, and members-only content, networking opportunities, and much more.
If you or your company is involved in EMV migration or new payments technology, we’re here to help you navigate. Membership in the U.S. Payments Forum includes face-to-face quarterly meetings, industry networking, participation in working committees dedicated to specific verticals, access to educational resources and webinars and complimentary newsletters. Join today.