The U.S. Payments Forum is an integral part of the Secure Technology Alliance. Membership in the Alliance entitles participation in all forums and joint committees focused on technologies and vertical markets. The U.S. Payments Forum addresses a variety of new and emerging payments technologies that protect the security of, and enhance opportunities for payment transactions within the U.S. Those technologies include EMV, tokenization, card-not-present transaction, encryption, and mobile and contactless payments.
Organizations, associations, government agencies and individuals who join the Forum are granted access to participate directly in the Alliance. There are five classes of membership, which have specific benefits for participation in and leadership of Forum activities. Any individual, firm, partnership, unincorporated association, or governmental body who is a participant in the payments industry may apply for membership. Please view the membership levels page for details.
Hear from members about the value they receive through membership in the Alliance.
Membership benefits include:
- Visibility – Putting your organization at the forefront of leaders in the payments industry through active participation in Forum activities, projects and meetings and through the organization’s outreach efforts promoting EMV and other new and emerging payments technologies.
- Influence – Working with your industry peers to contribute to the U.S. payments industry policies and best practices for the design, implementation, and use of EMV-enabled cards, devices and terminals and for implementation of new and emerging payments technologies.
- Access – Collaborating with payments industry leaders to discuss and determine best practices for implementation of EMV and other new and emerging payments technologies in the U.S.
- Networking – Establishing valuable contacts to help your organization establish your strategy for supporting the move to EMV and other new and emerging payments technologies.
- Innovation – Working with peers to explore opportunities and challenges and to help prepare the U.S. payments infrastructure for new and emerging payments technologies.
- Lower research or implementation costs – Sharing work with peers from other organizations to reduce the time and cost needed to think through and plan complex payments implementation details, develop best practices and resolve industry issues.
- Information, research and learning – Gaining priority access to new policies, technology advances, and legislative changes through Forum activities, projects and meetings.
- Business and industry outreach – Carrying your message promoting the value of EMV and new and emerging payments technologies to the U.S. payments industry.
- Public opinion influence – Providing a unified, credible industry voice for payments in the U.S. that no single member can achieve alone with policy makers, media, analysts and other influencers.
- Advance knowledge – Gaining market advantage by getting information and acting on it before many “outsiders” know it is happening.
Ready to join? Find the membership application here.