The ATM Working Committee goal is to explore the challenges of EMV migration for the U.S. ATM industry, work to identify possible solutions to challenges, and facilitate the sharing of best practices with the various industry constituents, with the goal result being more positive EMV migration experience for consumers. The Working Committee will serve to provide input, solutions, and expertise that are specific to the needs of the ATM channel to other U.S. Payments Forum working committees.
ATM Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Marcelo Castro, Diebold Nixdorf
- Alicia Moore, Visa
- Bryan Nimphius, American Express
The ATM Working Committee has completed educational resources for the ATM industry, including:
- EMV Troubleshooting Guide for ATM Owners and Operators, providing guidance for ATM owners/operators to help prevent and troubleshoot common transaction problems
- Guidelines for Contactless ATM Transactions – A Guide for ATM Owners and Operators, providing guidelines and best practices for accepting contactless transactions at the ATM
- Implementing EMV at the ATM white paper, providing guidance for those preparing to implement EMV at the ATM in the United States.
- Implementing EMV at the ATM: PIN Change at the ATM white paper, providing guidance for ATM owners and issuers who are contemplating PIN change at the ATM as part of or subsequent to their U.S. EMV migration.
- Implementing EMV at the ATM White Paper Webinar, highlighting key aspects of the popular ATM white paper in a shorter, webinar format.
- Implementing EMV at the ATM workshops at U.S. Payments Forum meetings, the NAC2016 Conference and the 2017 ATMIA U.S. Conference.
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Devon Rohrer, [email protected] , for information on Working Committee participation or projects.