The Communication and Education Working Committee goal is to deliver communications best practices and educational resources for key payments industry stakeholders that promotes an efficient, timely and effective migration to EMV-enabled cards, devices and terminals and emerging payments technologies in the United States.
Communication and Education Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Lori Breitzke, FIS
- Mansour Karimzadeh, SCIL
- David True, PayGility Advisors (acting)
The Communication and Education Working Committee has completed a wide range of resources to assist the U.S. payments industry with EMV migration, including:
- Best Practices in Support of EMV Instant Issuance webinar, discussing the best practices for issuers transitioning to instant issuance of EMV chip cards.
- Cardholder Verification Methods: Concepts, Implementations, and Impacts video recording, reviewing EMV Cardholder Verification Method concepts, implementation and impact on issuers, ATM owners, merchants, and cardholders.
- Consumer Experience at the Contactless Point-of-Sale, reviewing best practices for implementing contactless at the POS
- Contact Chip Card Online Authentication video, providing a clear description of how an EMV transaction is secured using “cryptograms.”
- Contactless Open Payments For Transit Webinar
- Contactless POS Experience Best Practices webinar
- Effective Communications Practices for U.S. Chip Migration webinar, providing guidance to help industry stakeholders create sound communication strategies that will help the U.S. market understand and embrace chip payments and their many security benefits.
- EMV Receipt Best Practices, reviewing recommendations and requirements for data elements found on receipts for chip-on-chip transactions
- GetContactless.com web site to assist merchants interested in enabling consumers to make contactless payments
- Implementing EMV in the U.S.: How the U.S. Common Debit AIDs Facilitate Debit Transaction Routing and Ensure Durbin Compliance video recording, providing an overview of the U.S. Common Debit AIDs and how they facilitate debit transaction routing and ensure Durbin compliance.
- Issuing Dual-Interface Cards 101 webinar, discussing the basics of dual-interfaced cards, their issuance and testing.
- Knowledge Center resource library, providing links to resources for all stakeholders involved in U.S. EMV implementation
- Mobile and Digital Wallet “Lunch and Learn” Webinar Series, providing an in-depth review of mobile wallet models, security approaches and key merchant and issuer considerations for adoption.
- Recommended Communications Best Practices, guide providing a step-by-step resource for issuers and merchants to develop effective messaging and education approaches during the U.S. migration to chip technology.
- Signature Best Practices, reviewing suggested best practices for capturing and storing signatures on receipts
- Standardization of Terminology Glossary, defining a set of standard terminology for common chip, EMV, and EMV migration terms for use in educational and marketing communications relating to the U.S. migration.
- Testing & Certification Terminology, defining terms used in acquirer EMV testing and certification forms
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Devon Rohrer, [email protected] , for information on Working Committee participation or projects.