The Transit Contactless Open Payments Working Committee was formed in March 2017 as part of the expanded U.S. Payments Forum charter. The Working Committee goal is for interested stakeholders to work collaboratively to identify possible solutions that address the challenges associated with the implementation of contactless acceptance devices at customer points of entry (POE) within the unique retail environment of the U.S. public transit market. This includes acceptance of all open loop payment devices (e.g., cards, mobile, wearables) and all payment methods (e.g., credit, debit, prepaid, gift).
Transit Contactless Open Payments Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Arash Kahvazadeh, Mastercard
- Kevin Tran, American Express
- Lawrence Sutton, Consult Hyperion
The Transit Contactless Open Payments Working Committee has completed resources to assist the transit industry with EMV migration, including:
- Best Practices – Customer Messaging for Transit Open Payments
Educational resource on customer communication best practices for contactless open payments acceptance in transit
- Contactless Open Payments For Transit Webinar
- Contactless POS Experience Best Practices webinar
- Transit Contactless Open Payments: Technical Solution for Pay As You Go
Technical solution guidance for implementing transit contactless open payments use cases with contactless EMV cards and NFC-enabled mobile devices
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Devon Rohrer, [email protected] , for information on Working Committee participation or projects.