The goal of the Mobile and Touchless Payments Working Committee is for all interested parties to work collaboratively to explore the opportunities and challenges associated with implementation of mobile and touchless payments in the U.S. market, identify possible solutions to challenges, and facilitate the sharing of best practices with all industry stakeholders.
Mobile and Touchless Payments Working Committee topics include:
- Implementation challenges across a variety of merchant use cases and segments, such as in-store, mobile, in-app, and others
- Implementation of multiple mobile payment technologies (e.g., NFC, Bluetooth, QR code) and wallet approaches
- Implementation of multiple payment security technologies, such as tokenization, encryption and new consumer identity verification approaches
- Implications of mobile payments on the customer experience
The main focus is consumer present and mobile transactions, but traditional ecommerce may be included in some projects.
Mobile and Touchless Payments Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Deborah Baxley, PayGility Advisors
- Bradford Loewy, NCR
The Mobile and Touchless Payments Working Committee has completed resources to assist the U.S. payments industry with mobile payments implementation, including:
- Contactless Resources: Implementation Considerations and Clarifications, providing guidance to assist merchants, acquirers and issuers with contactless payments implementation
- Device Authentication and Consumer Verification Techniques for Mobile In-App Remote Payments, Dive into this educational resource that provides a reference point for payments professionals to increase their understanding of available authentication / verification techniques and tools
- EMV Payment Tokenization Primer and Lessons Learned, educational resource on EMV payment tokenization and implementation lessons learned
- How Emerging Data Elements Can Support Mobile Wallet Use Cases, educational resource on emerging data elements and their use in face-to-face transactions initiated from non-traditional payment devices
- Introduction to mPOS and TapToMobile Solutions a resource created to offer guidance on different form factors and technologies associated with these payment systems.
- Mobile and Contactless Payments Glossary, defining mobile and contactless payments terms to encourage cross-industry standardization of terminology
- Mobile and Contactless Payments Requirements and Interactions, resource on how mobile and contactless payments requirements are collected from payments ecosystem stakeholders
- Mobile and Digital Wallet “Lunch and Learn” Webinar Series, providing an in-depth review of mobile wallet models, security approaches and key merchant and issuer considerations for adoption.
- Mobile and Digital Wallets: U.S. Landscape and Strategic Considerations for Merchants and Financial Institutions, resource providing guidance to merchants and financial institutions on models, technologies and usage drivers for mobile and digital wallets
- Mobile Payments Standards Glossary, reference listing standards and standards bodies that are applicable to mobile or contactless payments
- Podcast – Best Practices for Contactless (NFC) Commerce at the POS & ATM
- QR Codes FAQ
- Real-Time Payments with Mobile a new resource aimed at educating the industry on real-time payments use cases on mobile devices.
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Devon Rohrer, [email protected] , for information on Working Committee participation or projects.