The Testing and Certification Working Committee goal is to discuss the challenges with EMV certification and define approaches for achieving certification to meet the payment network milestones for fraud liability shift. Areas for focus include: education on the testing and certification that is required for different industry stakeholders; evaluation of current processes to define approaches for streamlining testing and certification; serving as a testing and certification resource for other U.S. Payments Forum Working Committees
Testing and Certification Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Berke Baydu, Mastercard
- Kevin Emery, Discover Financial Services
The Testing and Certification Working Committee has completed educational resources on testing and certification processes in EMV implementation, including:
- Chip Education for Value-Added Resellers (VARs), Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Merchants. This education series provides U.S. VARs, ISVs and merchant organizations with an understanding of the U.S. market for EMV migration, U.S. debit deployment, development preparation, kernel management guidelines, lessons learned and testing considerations to assist with EMV chip migrations.
- EMV Testing and Certification: Current Global Payment Network Requirements for the U.S. Acquiring Community white paper, providing current acquirer host and EMV chip terminal testing requirements relevant to the U.S. market.
- EMV Workshop for VARs, ISVs, and ISOs, providing a comprehensive review of chip technology for VARs, ISVs and independent service organizations (ISOs).
- Panels and education sessions at Forum meetings on contact and contactless EMV testing and certification requirements and processes.
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Mike Strock, [email protected], for information on Working Committee participation or projects.