The Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee was formed in November 2016 as part of the expanded U.S. Payments Forum charter. The goal of the Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee is for all interested parties to work collaboratively to explore the opportunities and challenges associated with implementation of mobile and contactless payments in the U.S. market, identify possible solutions to challenges, and facilitate the sharing of best practices with all industry stakeholders.
Mobile and Contactless Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Deborah Baxley, PayGility Advisors
- Bradford Loewy, NCR
- Nick Pisarev, G+D Mobile Security
Mobile and Contactless Working Committee topics include:
- Implementation challenges across a variety of merchant use cases and segments, such as in-store, quick service restaurant, transit and others
- Implementation of multiple mobile payment technologies (e.g., NFC, Bluetooth, QR code) and wallet approaches
- Implementation of multiple payment security technologies, such as tokenization, encryption and new consumer identity verification approaches
- Implications of mobile payments on the customer experience
The Mobile and Contactless Payments Working Committee has completed resources to assist the U.S. payments industry with mobile payments implementation, including:
- Contactless Resources: Implementation Considerations and Clarifications, providing guidance to assist merchants, acquirers and issuers with contactless payments implementation
- Mobile and Contactless Payments Glossary, defining mobile and contactless payments terms to encourage cross-industry standardization of terminology
- Mobile and Contactless Payments Requirements and Interactions, resource on how mobile and contactless payments requirements are collected from payments ecosystem stakeholders
- Mobile and Digital Wallets: U.S. Landscape and Strategic Considerations for Merchants and Financial Institutions, resource providing guidance to merchants and financial institutions on models, technologies and usage drivers for mobile and digital wallets
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Devon Rohrer, [email protected] , for information on Working Committee participation or projects.