The Petroleum Working Committee is for all interested parties to work collaboratively to identify, review and resolve challenges associated with implementation of EMV within the U.S. petroleum and convenience market. The Petroleum Working Committee includes payment networks, petroleum and convenience merchants, petroleum-specific acquirers, petroleum and convenience POS vendors and fuel dispenser manufacturers, and other organizations servicing the petroleum and convenience category.
Petroleum Working Committee co-chairs are:
- Kara Gunderson, CITGO Petroleum Corporation
- Tomas Levi, Gilbarco
- Terry Mahoney, W. Capra Consulting Group
The Petroleum Working Committee projects have included:
- Education sessions at Forum meetings on testing and certification for EMV implementation in the petroleum industry.
- Workshop on petroleum industry payments implementations and the impact of EMV migration.
- Joint project on fleet card requirements with Conexxus.
Working Committee participation is open to all U.S. Payments Forum members. Contact Mike Strock, [email protected], for information on Working Committee participation or projects.